Thursday, May 9, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Hello All!
This week is teacher appreciation week and I just wanted to share what I have been making for my youngest son's teachers. A paper was sent home last week with a list of what the theme for each day would be.

Monday, each student was supposed to write on a piece of paper why they thought their teacher was special.

Tuesday was bring a flower. I decided to make paper ones for Carson to bring in. Here is how they turned out...
All I did was take a piece of patterned carstock, fold it into thirds, cut strips halfway down and rolled it up. Then you just spread out the "petals" add a floral wire and floral tape and viola, a flower that will last forever. I also spritzed it with some glimmer mist to give it some sparkle.

Wednesday was "Pamper your teacher day". For this, I made each of his teachers homemade orange creamsicle sugar scrub and put it into 1/2 pint jars and decorated. Here is what they looked like...

Recipe for Orange Creamsicle Sugar Scrub

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup oil (I used Olive Oil)
orange zest
vanilla extract
Mix all the ingredients together and place in jars.


Thursday was "You are sweet" day so I made each of the teachers Cake in a jar. Another simple project. Just bake a cake in a 13x9" pan. Let it cool. Take one of the jars and use it as a cutter to make perfectly shaped cake slices. Place one in the bottom of the jar. Add frosting. I used a piping bag. Add another slice and top with more frosting and sprinkles. Pop the lid on and decorate the jar however you want. :)

For tomorrow, the kids can send in whatever they would like. I've already started working on those gifts and will post about it tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed my little projects and thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment