Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

No, seriously it really is. The stores are all decked out already, actually they have been for a couple months now. Crazy!
So to get into the spirit of the season I have begun making some decorations for the house.

I found some free subway art printables online. All you have to do is google it and you will get a ton of different ones to choose from.

Here is my finished project,


and here is how I made it. I bought a plain white frame. Sanded it to get the glossy finish off. Then I used some Gesso to prime. After that was dry, I used a silver acrylic paint all around the frame and the sides.
Printed the subway art onto  5x7 photo paper and then matted it to a red piece of cardstock.
For the banner, I hand cut different shapes from coordinating Christmas cardstock. If you can find a template for these, I highly recommend it. Unless of course you enjoy cutting out pieces several times before getting it perfect on both sides. I then attached the pieces to red and white twine and glued it at the top of the frame.
The rossette, I hand cut from the same Christmas cardstock and attached a button with red twine to the piece.

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and it was less than $5 in materials. Not too bad.

So how about you? What kinds of things are you making to get into the spirit?

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment